Gallox are not only committed to providing you with sustainable clothes, we also want everything in our business to have the least environmental impact possible. This means cutting back on plastic at every opportunity therefore, we are using paper mailing sacks manufactured in the UK from brown kraft paper sourced in the UK / EU. These are a renewable resource, with a naturally moisture resistant surface to deal with the rigors of normal delivery conditions. They are also recyclable and biodegradable making them a great alternative to plastic lined mailing bags. After use, you can simply put them in the paper recycling bin so they can be remade into something useful again. Alternatively, if you’re gentle when opening your Gallox parcel you can use them again in the post.
Please see the information below from our nominated charity Plastic Free North Devon. We feel strongly towards bringing an end to single use plastics choosing not to be part of the problem but instead supporting a solution We all have a responsibility to reduce our plastic consumption and there are many ways to get involved in doing this. Please check out Plastic Free North Devon website for inspiration and how we can all do our bit to help our environment.
- 320+ million tonnes of new plastic are manufactured annually - this figure is increasing.
- 40% of the plastic produced is for single use packaging.
- 8.3 billion tonnes of plastic produced since the 1950s. Of which 9% has been recycled, 12% has been burnt and 79% is in the environment as landfill or litter.
- 8 - 12 million tonnes of plastic enters the ocean annually. Of which 80% washes and blows in from the land.
- 1+ million seabirds, 100,000+ sea mammals and turtles are killed annually by marine plastic pollution.